6th Form Standard
Welfare, Wellbeing and Academic Support
- Ensuring that your child settles into school, assisting with any issues that may arise
- Visiting your child at school once each term. Visits will be arranged through the houseparents at the school and where possible at a time that is not disruptive to your child’s school timetable.
- Regular communication with feedback to parents and/or agent.
- Additional visits can be arranged on request and will be charged at £75 per visit plus travel expenses. It should be noted that our staff will often visit schools more regularly than this on an ad hoc basis and will always take these opportunities to meet your child informally.
- Support and guidance with subject choices, and university placements
- College Guardians operates a 24 hour on call emergency service during term time, including exeat / leave out weekends and half term holidays. If your child plans to stay in the UK during the longer school holidays, we request that you inform us of the full arrangements that have been made for your child.
- If you wish College Guardians to arrange transport at the beginning and end of term please advise us so that we can assist with your arrangements. (The cost of transport will be deducted from your child’s expense account)
General Help, Guidance and Assistance
- Assistance with any extra-curricular needs (within school) e.g music / dance / drama / sport
- Help with the purchase of a mobile telephone and a local “pay as you go” SIM card
- Passport and visa renewal – we are unable to apply for visas on your child’s behalf but would be happy to provide general advice and offer details of agents that specialise and have experience in these matters. In these circumstances, you would need to work directly with the agents
- Parents meeting, If required a College Guardians representative will attend parents' meetings on your behalf and complete a written report. A fee of £50 plus travel expenses will be charged for this service.
- Errands (e.g. visits to the doctors, dentist or shopping requests) will be charged at £30 per hour plus mileage.
- Host families. If a host family stay is requested an arrangement fee of £275 will be charged in addition to the host family costs.
If you have any questions relating to our 6th Form Standard Service please contact Caroline Lloyd, Guardianship Manager [email protected]