Administration Fee: £150 (non refundable)
Termly fee: £300
Disbursement: £500 which will be held in an account for your child and used when necessary or for emergencies. An account statement will be sent to you at the end of each term and we will request additional funds if the balance of this account falls below £150.
Some parents like the security of appointing a guardian for their child when they attend university in the UK and understand that when they reach 18 years of age they may no longer require this.
College Guardians recognise that many children studying at university wish to have a certain level of independence and our University Service reflects this ethos, ensuring that you as a parent have peace of mind that in an emergency your child will have someone to turn to, while at the same time allowing your child a certain degree of independence. It is cost effective and allows flexibility to add additional services that you may require on an ad hoc basis.
College Guardians University Service includes:
- Initial introductory meeting when your child arrives at University in the UK or at the beginning of the academic year
- Additional visits will be charged at £50 per visit (plus travel expenses); however it should be noted that our staff will often visit schools more regularly than this on an ad hoc basic and will always take these opportunities to meet your child informally.
- Regular email and telephone contact with the student/parent/school
- 24hour on call emergency service during term time.
- If at any time a host family stay is requested an arrangement fee of £100 will be charged in addition to host family charges
- Transport – students will be expected to make their own transport arrangements (other than transport to and from a host family)