6th Form Standard
Administration Fee: £150 (non refundable)
Annual Fee: £890
Disbursement: £500 which will be held in an account for your child and used when necessary or for emergencies. An account statement will be sent to you at the end of each term and we will request additional funds if the balance of this account falls below £150.
Visa regulations for children studying in the UK mean that all overseas students must have an appointed UK guardian. Many schools also insist that overseas students have an appointed UK guardian who can act on behalf of the parents in an emergency situation. College Guardians recognise that many children over the age of 16 wish to have a certain level of independence and our 6th Form Standard Service reflects this ethos, ensuring that you as a parent have peace of mind that in an emergency your child will have someone to turn to, while at the same time allowing your child a certain degree of independence. It is cost effective and allows flexibility to add additional services that you may require on an ad hoc basis.
College Guardians 6th Form Standard Service includes:
- Initial introductory meeting when your child arrives at school in the UK or at the beginning of the school / academic year
- Additional visits will be charged at £50 per visit (plus travel expenses); however it should be noted that our staff will often visit schools more regularly than this on an ad hoc basic and will always take these opportunities to meet your child informally.
- Regular email and telephone contact with the student/parent/school
- 24 hour on call emergency service during term time including leaveout/ exeat weekends and half term holidays.
- If at any time a host family stay is requested an arrangement fee of £100 will be charged in addition to host family charges
- Parents Meetings – if required a College Guardians representative will attend parents meetings on your behalf and complete a written report. A fee of £35 plus travel expenses will be charged for this service.
- Errands (e.g. visits to the doctors, dentist or shopping requests) will be charged at £10 per hour plus mileage
- Transport – Students or Parents will be expected to make their own transport arrangements, (other than transport to and from a host family.) Should you wish College Guardians to assist there will be an arrangement fee of £50. The cost of all travel will be deducted from your child’s expense account