6th Form Premium
Welfare, Wellbeing and Academic Support
- Arrange an initial meeting between College Guardians, your child/parents, and host family where possible.
- Ensuring that your child settles into school, assisting with any issues that may arise
- Regular communication with feedback to parents and/ or agents.
- Visiting your child at school once each term. Visits will be arranged through the houseparents at the school and where possible at a time that is not disruptive to your child’s school timetable.
- An additional visit can be arranged each term at the request of the parent or child. It should be noted that our staff will often visit schools more regularly than this on an ad hoc basis and will always take these opportunities to meet your child informally.
- Attending parent’s meetings if requested with a written report sent to parents and or agent.
- Support and guidance with subject choices, choice of senior school (where applicable), and university places.
- Where required, help with arranging educational learning support needs
- Ensuring a suitable host family is found for your child. Once you have completed the student registration form, we will try to match the needs of your child as closely as possible to one of our hosts. Whenever possible we will give you a choice of families and can arrange for you to meet the host that your child will be staying with.
- Arranging host family accommodation for exeat or leave-out weekends, half-term and school holidays where required.
- Contact with host families and children during overnight stays
- Arranging transport to and from host families (transport costs will be deducted from your child’s expense account)
- Ensuring that your child’s stay with their host is happy and enjoyable
- College Guardians operates a 24 hour on call emergency service during term time, including exeat / leave out weekends and half term holidays. If your child plans to stay in the UK during the longer school holidays, we request that you inform us of the full arrangements that have been made for your child.
- If you wish College Guardians to arrange transport at the beginning and end of term and to and from your host family, please advise us so that we can assist with your arrangements (the cost of transport will be deducted from your child’s expense account)
General Help, Guidance and Assistance
- Assistance with any extra-curricular needs (within school) e.g. music / dance / drama / sport
- Help with the purchase of a mobile telephone and a local “pay as you go” SIM card
- Passport and visa renewal – we are unable to apply for visas on your child’s behalf but would be happy to provide general advice and offer details of agents that specialise and have experience in these matters. In these circumstances, you would need to work directly with the agents.
Additional Costs and Changes
- Transport will be charged per journey and will vary according to the length of the journey. We will be happy to give individual quotes
- Cost of overnight stays with host families will incur addition charges. Please see our fee sheet for details of these costs
- Errands (e.g. visits to the doctors, dentist or shopping requests) will be charged at £20 per hour plus mileage.
If you have any questions relating to our 6th Form Premium Service, please contact
Caroline Lloyd, Guardianship Manager firstname.lastname@example.org