6th Form Premium
Administration Fee: £150 non refundable
Annual Fee: £1275
Disbursement: £1000 which will be held in an account for your child and used when necessary or for emergencies. An account statement will be sent to you at the end of each term and we will request additional funds if the balance of this account falls below £250.
Visa regulations for children studying in the UK mean that all overseas students must have an appointed UK guardian. Many schools also insist that overseas students have an appointed UK guardian who can act on behalf of the parents in an emergency situation. College Guardians recognises that many children over the age of 16 wish to have a certain level of independence and our 6th Form Premium Service reflects this ethos, ensuring that you as a parent have peace of mind that in an emergency your child will have someone to turn to, while at the same time allowing your child a certain degree of independence. It is cost effective and allows flexibility to add additional services that you may require on an ad hoc basis.
College Guardians 6th Form Premium Service includes:
- Initial introductory meeting when your child arrives at school in the UK or at the beginning of the school year
- Introduction to your child’s host family where possible
- A termly visit to your child’s school and a meeting with your child. Additional visits will be charged at £50 per visit ( plus travel expenses); However it should be noted that our staff will often visit schools more regularly than this on an ad hoc basic and will always take these opportunities to meet your child informally.
- Regular email and telephone contact with the student/parent/school
- Assistance with arranging interviews / meetings with chosen university if required.
- 24 hour on call emergency service during term time including leaveout/ exeat weekends and half term holidays.
- Ensuring a suitable host family is found for your child
- Arranging host family accommodation for exeat, leaveout weekends and half term holidays
- Contact with host families and children during overnight stays
- Arranging transport to and from host families (transport costs will be deducted from your child’s expense account)
- Making sure that your child’s stay with their host is happy and enjoyable
- Transport – students will be expected to make their own transport arrangements (other than transport to and from host families which will be arranged by College Guardians.) Should you wish College Guardians to assist there will be an arrangement fee of £50
- Parents Meetings – if required a College Guardians representative will attend parents meetings on your behalf and complete a written report. A fee of £35 plus travel expenses will be charged for this service.
- Errands (e.g visits to the doctors, dentist or shopping requests) will be charged at £10 per hour plus mileage